Hap Yoke Sweater - Knitting Pattern
Designed By Ella Gordon Design
Jumper incoporating the traditional Hap outer motif in a yoke. You knit the body as sleeves as normal from the bottom up, join, work shaping and then just before you begin the chart you turn the knitting inside out and its worn with the reverse side on the outside, this emulates the garter stitch element of a hap with a bit more structure from the reverse stocking stitch. You can work the yoke in the round by purling every alternate row or work the yoke back and forth and seam at the end.
Sizes to fit bust:
- 32 (34) 36 (38) 40 (42) 44 (46) 48"
Positive ease: 1” / 2.5cm
What you will need:
- Yarn: Jamieson & Smith 2ply Jumper Weight:
- Main Colour A : 11 (11) 12 (12) 13 (13) 14 (14) 15 x 25g
- Contrast Colour B: 1 x 25g for all sizes
- Contrast Colour C: 1 x 25g for all sizes
- Contrast Colour D : 1 x 25g for all sizes
- Contrast Colour E: 1 x 25g for all sizes
- 80cm circulat needles in sizes 2.5mm & 3mm
- 60cm circulat needles in size 3mm
- 40cm circulat needles in sizes 2.5mm & 3mm
- Set of double pointed needles in sizes 2.5mm & 3mm
- Optional 3.5mm circular needles or double pointed needles for yoke to open up the lace pattern.
- 4 stitch markers
- Stitch holders
- Wool needle
Skill Level - Intermediate