When your knitting is finished, the final row of stitches must be secured properly, otherwise your knitting will unravel. This is called 'Casting off' or also known as 'Binding off'
- Knit the first two stitches
- Step 1. Insert the tip of your left hand needle into the front of the right stich on your right hand needle.
- Step 2. Gently lift that stitch over the left stitch on the right hand needle and drop it off the needle
- Now you have cast off one stitch
- Knit another stitch and repeat step 1 and 2
- Continue until there is only one stitch left on your right hand needle
- Cut your working yarn and leave enough yarn for weaving in the ends (approx. 20-25cm)